Christopher Armstrong con The Maker's Field Guide: The Definitive Reference for the Professional Designer, Model Maker, Engineer, Machinist, Product Developer, Architect, Craftsman and DIY Maker (English Edition)The Maker's Field Guide is the first ever advanced-level guide to making anything imaginable. Written by professional designer Christopher Armstrong, this book combines over a decade of practical, hands-on experience pulled directly from the field of Research & Development. The contents of this book can't be found anywhere else, including most major design & engineering universities. Instead, it's been honed through years and years of real-world, hands-on experience.
THE TOOLS OF THE TRADE, INCLUDING:
- 22+ State-of-the-Art Shop Machines, including safety best practices.
- 20+ Hand Tools, including tool customization tricks used by the most elite makers & designers worldwide.
- 18+ Common material types
- 52+ Pro tips - insights from professionals at the top of their industries, developed through a decade of trial, error, and real-world industry experience.
- 80+ Industry-Standard suppliers guide, including machinery, shop tools, and materials (and where to buy).
- High-End Work Shop & Makerspace design, build, and customization tips from the Pros.
A PROFESSIONAL-LEVEL GUIDE TO MAKING ANYTHING IMAGINABLE:
- RTV Silicone Molding & Casting
- Fiberglass & Carbon Fiber Composites
- CNC Machining / CAD + CAM Prototyping
- 3D Printing & Laser Cutting
- Industrial Clay & Foam Modeling Techniques
- Bondo™ / Automotive Body Filler Modeling
- Spray Painting & Sanding
- Vacuum Forming
- Lifecasting & Prosthetics